We want everybody to stay safe during the COVID-19 pandemic! Therefore we are currently working from home and will provide all the office equipment you need to make your home office experience as productive and enjoyable as possible. As things are slowly getting back to normal, we have reopened our office and offer our team to come back with the recommended safety procedures in place. At the moment it's around half the team (6) you see 3-4 days a week. It's great to see each other again for real!
We are a remote and home-office friendly company - Not remote-first.
We all value our freedom and at the same time love to be united under one roof and be creative together.
Autonomy over process. Whatever you do, be aware how it affects the people around you. Be a team player vs making self-centered decisions.
Here are some examples:
- You want to be in the tunnel for 1-2 days to focus on getting a project done. Hell yeah! - But make sure you are not a blocker for someone else
- You need to bring your kids to the Kindergarten or pick them up earlier - We have kids too :)
- You want to spend time with your family in the morning and work longer into the evening - Sure thing, but make it to standups and inform the others about your status
- You are waiting for important parcel delivery? Fine with us, but make sure to inform others who were expected you in the office. Alternatively, you can also have it delivered to the office or a Packstation
- You are coming in later or leaving earlier for a Yoga class - go for it and share your Zen
- You want to recharge your batteries during winter by spending some weeks in sunny Spain with friends or family? Go for it, but make sure to be 100% aligned with your team about potential implications and how to guarantee a smooth work experience for everybody
- You feel you are getting a sick? Better work from home, relax, get better soon and don't infect the others (especially during Corona times)
Some people might be interested in extending their vacation with a period of remote-working, or to simply work from elsewhere once in a while, to visit family or have a change of scenery. It’s been done before and worked out fine, e.g. when one of our employees worked from any other place for a few weeks.
If you’re planning something, please talk to your manager early. There is no strict upper limit of workation weeks per year, as we’d like to discuss this on a case-by-case basis.